Mississauga Full-Time Permanent Benefits Pension Plan
Our manufacturing client is busy. Reporting to the Global Purchasing Manager you will be responsible for raw material, resale, MRO and support strategic sourcing & supply chain improvements. You have a university or college degree in a related discipline, 5 years purchasing experience, strong computer skills, have purchased in foreign markets and are able to travel to the USA (10%).
1. Source new raw materials and sources of supply for product development and risk mitigation.
2. Support strategic plans to achieve service objectives in all divisions/functions and support business market development opportunities.
3. Meets with vendors to review performance, discuss market conditions, negotiate pricing, and rectify quality problems.
4. Recommend and implement supplier cost savings initiatives and deliver against annual savings targets.
5. Monitor inventory levels and collaborate with sales and production to optimize inventory turns while managing customer needs.
6. Execute Purchase Orders and Contracts on a timely basis and expedite as required.
7. Complete market analysis of commodity-based materials. Recommend and implement cost saving initiatives to minimize material cost, currency exchange and duty impacts.
8. Participate in vendor audits and evaluate vendor performance to ensure compliance with company policy & procedures.
9. Maintains detailed supply chain information for items and vendors in the ERP system.
10. Obtain information from vendors. E.g., MSDS, technical data, samples, material availability.
11. Ensure compliance of regulatory expectations and company safety policy for transportation of raw materials.
12. Develop and maintain good working relationships with internal & external customers, suppliers, local authorities, and business partners. Build a collaborative network to support achieving business results.